Submit a complaint
We can help you with free legal guidance and help with your complaint if problems have arisen between you and a trader in another EU Member State, Norway, Iceland or the UK.
Complaints can be about everything from cancelled flights and online shopping to hotel stays and unfair subscription agreements. In order for us to help you further with a complaint, you are required first to have complained to the trader yourself, without this having resolved the case.
How ECC Denmark works
When we receive your case, we will assess if you have a claim and see how we can help. If we determine that you do have a claim we can help you with, we will send your case to the ECC office in the country where the company is located.
Please note that ECC Denmark and the ECC’s in the other EU Member States cannot make a ruling in a case. If we cannot find a solution to your case, or if we are unable to take on your complaint, we will inform you of how you can proceed.
You will find a link to the complaints form at the bottom of this page. Please read the information before you make your complaint.
Check if we can take on your case
We cannot assist you with your complaint if:
- You made a purchase from a Danish seller or service provider.
- You made a purchase from a seller outside the EU, Norway, Iceland or the UK.
- You are a business.
- You are not resident in Denmark.
Do you want to complain about goods or services purchased in Denmark?
If you live in another EU Member State, Norway or Iceland, you can contact the ECC Net office in that country.
The procedure when we help with a complaint
- When you click on the “Submit a complaint” button below, you will be taken to our complaints form, where you will be asked to describe the complaint and attach relevant documentation etc.
- If we feel that we can take on the case, we will start processing it.
- You will receive an email from your case handler at ECC Denmark when we have any news relating to your complaint case.
- If a solution is not found for your case, we will inform you of how you can proceed with your complaint.
Checklist for submitting a complaint with the ECC
Your complaint to ECC Denmark must contain the following information and documentation:
- Your full name and email address
- The name of the company/trader and possibly a link to their website
- Description of the issue
- Description of your claim
- A copy of your written complaint to the company and any response from the company
- Relevant documentation such as copies of contracts, receipts, order confirmation, plane tickets, etc.
Please note that you cannot save the form and return to it later, so be sure to have the documentation ready when you create your case.