Skip navigation

Who can we help?


European Consumer Centre Denmark can help if you encounter a problem with a trader in another EU country, Norway or Iceland.

If you experience problems with a trader from an EU country, Norway or Iceland, you should submit a written complaint to the trader by post or e-mail. If it is impossible to resolve the dispute with the trader, you may file a complaint with ECC Denmark.

Complaints about products purchased outside the EU 

ECC Denmark cannot help if the trader is not based in the EU, Norway or Iceland.

However, you can report complaints about e-trading with traders outside Europe via the portal.

In some cases, you may file a complaint about a foreign trader with the Danish Consumer Complaints Board. This applies if the agreement was signed in Denmark or is to be fulfilled in Denmark. Read more about the Danish Consumer Complaints Board on (information only available in Danish).