Skip navigation

File a complaint

European Consumer Centre Denmark can help if a problem arises between you and a trader in another EU country, Norway or Iceland.

If you have questions about what you are entitled to, or if you are not sure if you should file a complaint, you can contact us at:

If you wish to file a complaint, please note that:

  • You must submit a written complaint to the trader before filing a complaint with us.
  • We have no authority to make a decision on the case but will strive to work out a compromise with the trader.
  • Our average case processing time is five months.
  • ECC Denmark’s assistance is free.

Your complaint to ECC Denmark must contain:

  • A description of the problem.
  • A description of your claim.
  • Copies of relevant documentation, e.g. a contract, all correspondence between you and the trader, airline tickets, receipts etc.

Unfortunately, we cannot assist you if:

  • You have traded with a Danish trader.
  • You have traded with a trader outside of the EU, Norway or Iceland.
  • You operate a business.
  • You do not live in Denmark. If you live in another EU member state, Norway, or Iceland, you can find your local ECC office here

File a complaint